Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology, PGDD
The Diploma Course in Diabetology is a comprehensive program designed specifically for Primary Care Physicians with specialist experience e.g. at specialist, consultant or practitioner level, to build on your existing knowledge, skills and experience and develop mastery in the clinical and service aspects of Diabetes and to equip healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality care to patients with metabolic disorders. The course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality care to their patients and improve their clinical practice. This course is the best in becoming a diabetes expert and addresses the management of diabetic complications and the treatment of diabetes in special populations, permitting you to administer the optimum care to complicated cases. The Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetes Education will help students to develop their skills to understand the impact of health behaviour and lifestyle on acute and chronic problems of Diabetes and provide a comprehensive, cost effective and self-care management plan.
In the Diabetes section, you will learn about the diagnosis of diabetes, dietary advice for patients with diabetes, monitoring and management of diabetes, oral hypoglycaemic, insulin management, and common problems encountered in the care of patients with diabetes.
In the Endocrine and Metabolic section, participants will gain an overview of endocrine problems in primary care, including subclinical hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, electrolyte imbalances, and calcium and bone metabolism disorders. Upon completing the program, participants will have a strong understanding of the diagnosis, management, and care of patients with metabolic disorders, including diabetes.
• Diagnose and manage diabetes, including providing dietary advice, monitoring, and medication management for patients with the disease.
• Recognize and manage complications of diabetes, such as diabetic foot and kidney disease, as well as diabetic emergencies and the psychosocial implications of the disease.
• Identify and manage multiple risk factors in type 2 diabetes, including oral hypoglycaemic and common problems encountered in insulin management.
• Demonstrate an understanding of endocrine problems in primary care, including subclinical hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, electrolyte imbalances, and calcium and bone metabolism disorders.
• Apply knowledge and skills in the management of long-term steroid therapy and secondary endocrine causes of hypertension, as well as the diagnosis and management of gout and testosterone deficiency.
• Utilize critical thinking skills to apply the knowledge gained in the program to practical situations through case studies and assessments.
• Improve clinical practice and provide high-quality care to patients with metabolic disorders, including diabetes.
The information, guidance, practical training and programme completion certificate will provide the participant with not one but many opportunities in the industry. This would come true in the form of job roles and positions like that of Diabetic counsellor, health coach, nutrition Counselor for health and wellness industries, diabetes Officer among Non-Governmental Organizations, nutrition Officer in Community Development Programme run under government organizations, consultant for Multinational Companies, diabetes educator for Private Hospitals, counselors in Schools, Academia and many more.