In Association with the Armed Forces for Training
The major objectives of the Programme are to:
- Provide comprehensive knowledge to the learners on disaster preparedness, mitigation and rehabilitation;
- Enable the learners to carry out risk assessment and vulnerability analysis;
- Generate community awareness, and strengthen institutional mechanism for community mobilisation and participation in disaster management;
- Develop communication skills for disaster preparedness;
- Create greater awareness about effective disaster response in various emergency situations;
- Equip learners with tools for meeting emergency medical requirements;
- Incorporate gender sensitive disaster management approach; and
- Inculcate new skills and sharpen existing skills of government officials, voluntary activists, development professional and elected representative for effective disaster management.
Essential Knowledge - The students will dive deeper into the various concepts of Disaster Management and learn about the ways to be prepared and avoid them.
Practical Training - During the course, the students will be trained to possess the skills that are required to create excellent professionals in the field.
Experience - Excellent mentors will train the students so that they can become professionals and more proficient in the field of Disaster Management.
After PG Diploma in Disaster Management, the students will be eligible for various for different job profiles. Some of the popular job prospects for the students have been listed below.
- Safety Specialist
- Emergency Services Director
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- Hurricane Program Manager
- Nuclear Emergency Planner
- Understanding Natural Disasters
- Understanding Man-Made Disasters
- Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Analysis
- Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Medicine
- Rehabilitation, Reconstruction and Recovery
- Project Work
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Duration: 11 Months